~ DISCLAIMER ~

DISCLAIMER : Please do note that this is a personal web-log. Views expressed here are of my personal views. Usage of any personal photos & posts are prohibited and are not allow to copy , paste , show & publish any photos & posts taken from this web-log anywhere without my consent & permission. If so I have the rights to render the person , group & in short anyone posting / publishing / showing / pasting / copying them liable to legal action or prosecution. Thank you.

PHOTOS

Photos copyrighted to VOCALWEALTH NETWORKS. Unless expressed permission has been granted by Miss Rima Rashidi , you may not copy any images from this site. Using images from this site without permission is prohibited.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Beef It Up!

Lama tak main masak-masak kat sini...hehehe! Put my work behind , put Adriel's hospital episode behind........let's do some dumb cooking , shall we?

But before that,,,,,,a little bit of updates on yours truly , hehehe! Lately I've been spending most of my time catching up on my favourite TV shows......I stayed up till 2am most of the nights. Tak tahan jugak kadang but what to do......nak tengok jugak TV.....I can't afford to miss the Americal Idol auditions *simply hilarious* , 24 *hmmmm......I was glued to my seat with each episode* , Private Practice *in love with the plot & drama* , cook & travel shows on Travel Channel & AFC , SCI's , NCIS , Criminal Minds , Supernatural...........

Dalam semua TV show tu yang MP layan is only the American Idol auditions & SCI series..........yang lain-lain dia tak minat. Kalau dia tengok program-program tu , baru laa I tengok TV dengan dia,,,,,kalau tak I'll have to watch most of my TV shows on Astro in Yna's room. TV kat family hall tu , MP will layan tengok Animal Planet! Dia suka aaa tengok singa kejar anak kambing laa , buaya tangkap anak lembu tepi sungai laaa..........adegan yang ngeri-ngeri tu. Memang favourite channel dia. I pulak tak kuasa nak tengok........so ganas.

SO,,,,,few nites ago , I saw this cook show on Brazilian cooking. They were cooking a black bean stew called Feijoada. It's the national dish of Brazil. Dish ni guna black beans as its main ingredients....banyak pakai daging , sausages & ribs in it. Inspired by the usage of various parts of meat cuts & sausages in Feijoada........I decided to improvise my pasta sauce today. I was so tempted to add red beans to my sauce but knowing that Yna will not like it........forget it lah. But I'm sure it will be equally delicious with red beans..........hmmmmm........


There you go.......for my pasta sauce today , I guna daging , beef bacon strips , minced meat & beef sausages. Some veggies like sweet cherry tomatoes , baby carrots , 1 large yellow onions , shiitake mushrooms & chopped garlic.


EVOO , pasta sauce & spaghetti..........ni a must laa kan....


I will always , always start with cooking my pasta first then only I'll start with other preparations. Boil some water , add salt to the water.......add your pasta to boiling water for 12 minutes or so......

While waiting for my pasta , I use that 12 minutes to sort out my meat portions....kali ni I saja beli daging yang ada lemak sikit.......nyum nyum nyum......adding a little sin to your food will not kill you , right.......don't feel guilty eating.....feel guilty not eating.......Kesian makanan itewwwwwww! Hehehe!


Here's my dumb & dumber way of experimenting the sauce with all the meat produce........EVOO in the pot - heat on - add bacon strips - fry till it's semi cooked & then in goes carrots & onions......


Straight away throw in lots of chopped garlic - mixed Italian spices & black pepper.......let it sweat a bit......


Then in goes ALL meat into the pot.....tak yah tunggu lama-lama...tak kuasa......Kali ni I tak pakai plain water for the gravy , I guna air tapisan dari spaghetti yang I celur tadi for the extra gravy. It has starch in it so the gravy will thickens........simmer till daging masak.


When the meat's done , add mushrooms & tomatoes.......I letak tomato sebijik-sebijik coz it will eventually burst in the pot later on.


In goes my favourite pasta sauce , some salt & sugar to taste..........


Tu dia......dah masak dah. My lunch & dinner with the kids for today.


Wohoooo...........my happy & sloppy baby says it all *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment