~ DISCLAIMER ~

DISCLAIMER : Please do note that this is a personal web-log. Views expressed here are of my personal views. Usage of any personal photos & posts are prohibited and are not allow to copy , paste , show & publish any photos & posts taken from this web-log anywhere without my consent & permission. If so I have the rights to render the person , group & in short anyone posting / publishing / showing / pasting / copying them liable to legal action or prosecution. Thank you.

PHOTOS

Photos copyrighted to VOCALWEALTH NETWORKS. Unless expressed permission has been granted by Miss Rima Rashidi , you may not copy any images from this site. Using images from this site without permission is prohibited.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Kek Batik Marie

I decided to try and make this simple sweet treats. I got the recipe from my Sabahan mate Rina. She said it's the original way to make Kek Batik Marie.......hey! I wouldn't know if it's the original or not but as long as it taste good and easy to do.......then it's fine with me.

I gave it a try........I've seen recipes over the net using eggs & cocoa powder & water & sugar & etc but my friend Rina's recipe only has 4 ingredients......
  • 1 small packet of Milo (200gm)
  • 1 small packet of Tiger brand of Marie biscuits
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 bar of Buttercup butter (250gm)

Before you start the heating & cooking process......do prepare your baking tin or loyang or whatever container yang you nak tuangkan the cake mixture later. Do line it with aluminium foil. Senang nak potong & tak melekat-lekat kat loyang.

Also roughly break biscuits into quarters........set aside.


On low heat , melt butter. When butter's melted add sweetened condensed milk. Mix well. I like it sweet , so I used 1 whole can of it. Sweet sweet sweet.....


Then add Milo and stir vigorously till it's smooth.......

Then add biscuits to the Milo mixture........fold it till all biscuits is covered with the chocolaty wholesome goodness.........hehehe! Heat off.

Transfer the chocolate biscuit mixture to your baking tin that you've prepared earlier.......evenly spread the mixture & press 'em down firmly....


Rina didn't do this , just me being extra creative.....more of pandai-pandai....hahaha! I thought it looks prettier with marie biscuit rounds being placed over the chocolaty mixture.


I covered the mixture with aluminium foil - firmly pressed - let it sit in the fridge for few hours.


This is how it looks afterwards........


Yna loves the chocolaty bites........MP even had some........yay!


Packed some for my mom & brother.......Will definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment