~ DISCLAIMER ~

DISCLAIMER : Please do note that this is a personal web-log. Views expressed here are of my personal views. Usage of any personal photos & posts are prohibited and are not allow to copy , paste , show & publish any photos & posts taken from this web-log anywhere without my consent & permission. If so I have the rights to render the person , group & in short anyone posting / publishing / showing / pasting / copying them liable to legal action or prosecution. Thank you.

PHOTOS

Photos copyrighted to VOCALWEALTH NETWORKS. Unless expressed permission has been granted by Miss Rima Rashidi , you may not copy any images from this site. Using images from this site without permission is prohibited.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Protein In My Diet......

In my attempt to lighten up myself , I was told to increase my protein intake. So , this week I’ve stocked the fridge with loads of soy based food & drinks. My main source of protein will have to be tofu. Tofu had always been one of my favourite food.

Tofu & Tempe.......diet melayu....hehehe!

Thing is , my parent’s here staying at my house……still having the raya blues. That means , I still have to cook lunch & what not for the household. I can’t be selfish and just think of my myself & my diet.


Tauhu & Tempe Goreng dengan Sambal Kicap


Made this Sambal Goreng with Tofu, Tempe, Anchovies & Ground Nuts. Yna suka.....

If it was just me , I can live with a roast beef sandwich day & night for as long as it takes…….but with others around me , I have to compromise. So , what I did was to cook an everyday meal or dishes using various sources of protein for the whole family to eat including me. Fair enough I’d say.

This is one of my favourite tofu savouries. It's Tofu Stuffed with Mince Meat & Lettuce. I picked it up from an Indonesian friend of mine. I'll usually make loads of this stuff and eat 'em as snacks throughout the day.

Minced meat & lettuce for the stuffing. I will usually hiris halus lettuce then tumis-kan bawang putih with some chilly paste then masuk-kan minced meat , letak garam sikit. Goreng sampai daging cincang masak then masuk-kan shredded lettuce , mix well sampai lettuce betul-betul layu.

Prepare an egg mixture by cracking few eggs + white pepper & salt. After stuffing the tofu with minced meat , I'll dip the tofus in egg mixtures and fry 'em. Served with chilly padi......eat as many as I want!

Will I succeed in losing the kilos that I wanted? I was told that with my Herbalife intake , I can still consume my normal meal but in moderate quantities , of course…..Well we’ll see how it goes.

Fish........another source of protein. Tapi diet ala -ala Melayu ni , jadilah Asam Pedas....huhuhu!

Beef......another source of protein yang jadi Lemak Cili Api Daging........santan tu pulak apa kes.....huhuhu! ado! ke laut laa diet.......

Eggs are an important source of protein too. One of my favourite ways of doing the telur dadar is the way Mak Nani aka Datin Rosnani Jamil did it. Mak taught me how to do it.

Mixtures of eggs - chili paste - chopped onions , garlic & spring onion



So far this had been my routine , hmmmm…..will ask Dr. A later on to be sure if am doing it right…..Am giving it a try my way first.

(*) From the moment I wake up till 3 or 4pm – I can usually go without any food or drink. Used to it.

(*) Always had a late lunch. I’ll have either fried mee hoon or fried soo hoon or soto or belasah nasi macam biasa….hehehe!

(*) Savouries are my choice for dinner or supper. I usually opted for mini epok – epok , sausages , chicken or fish fingers , crackers & tuna mayo , murtabak….things like that.

(*) I don’t drink coffee or tea or milo or horlicks & etc…..My choice of daily fluid consumption will have to be H20 , apple or orange juice , soy milk. Now that I’m on Herbalife………it’s plain water , soy milk & HL’s tea mix. No juices for now.

(*) Tit bits like keropoks , marukus , nuts , chips ……hmmm……those are a must haves for MP while watching TV. I’ll join him just to rasa – rasa or kacau – kacau…..hmmm to kacau – kacau my diet laa kan…..hahaha! I love nuts though.

(*) Now , with raya cookies & cakes & other sweet treats that’s still in the house post-raya……huhuhu! Ngeri laa…..sugar intake ke laut jugak laa….

(*) 1 big meal a day , that’s the goal laaa…..walaupun………

Lunch today Fish Asam Pedas - Stir Fried Bok Choy in Oyster Sauce - Telur Dadar - Stuffed Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment