~ DISCLAIMER ~

DISCLAIMER : Please do note that this is a personal web-log. Views expressed here are of my personal views. Usage of any personal photos & posts are prohibited and are not allow to copy , paste , show & publish any photos & posts taken from this web-log anywhere without my consent & permission. If so I have the rights to render the person , group & in short anyone posting / publishing / showing / pasting / copying them liable to legal action or prosecution. Thank you.

PHOTOS

Photos copyrighted to VOCALWEALTH NETWORKS. Unless expressed permission has been granted by Miss Rima Rashidi , you may not copy any images from this site. Using images from this site without permission is prohibited.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dumb Cooking : Under 1 Hour Lunch

Dah lama tak masuk dapur memasak for the family.....there was a day last month that I decided to cook despite being tired sebab dah jemu sangat makan kat luar , dah tak tahu mana nak pergi around where I live......tempat makan tu banyak but MP is not game to try out new places and I pun tak kuasa nak paksa-paksa.....kang tak sedap , telinga I yang menanah.

So once upon a time , I bought some things to cook at Giant.......mana lagi laa kan....I bought barang basah to cook for 2 days........Ya.....am cooking lunch for 2 days.....Only 2 days in a month! Hehehe!

As usual , I don't intend to be in the kitchen for long so I planned what to cook and here goes nothing......


Prawnsssss........I bought prawns for today's cooking and the next day. I'm quickly making Sambal Udang Petai......My super fast but tasty version would be.........hmmmm.....throw the prawns in a pot. Yup just the prawns and nothing else.....heat on and let it cook......


Am just letting the juice from the prawns to come out naturally & it will eventually cooked. Then I added my favourite pre-cooked sambal tumis paste , it's complete with the sweet-sour-salty taste so I don't need to add any of those.....


Added some crushed tomatoes......and then the must ingredient at the end , petai! Done.


Next am frying some chicken meat with mix vegetables.......in a wok , fry some chopped garlic & ginger till fragrant...


Isi ayam ni I beli yang dah dipotong-potong to bite size....letak serbuk kunyit sikit. Then salt & pepper to taste.....I always used crushed black pepper instead of white pepper....


More speedy ingredients used....hehehe! Pre-cut mix vegetables......


Bila ayam dah masak , tossed in the vegetables......done in a minute or two!


Next! Am cooking some fish with sweet soy sauce....Ikan masak kicap....In a pot in goes some chopped garlic + ginger + a bit of chili paste + salt + sweet cherry tomatoes.....


Bila dah naik bau , I added water to make some gravy & 1 ring of gula kelapa....


Also some kicap ABC & kicap manis......


Bila kuah dah mendidih......in goes the some fish cuts......last but not least , I masuk-kan cili padi *whole , tak ketuk sebab kalau pedas MP & the kids tak boleh makan*....Siap lunch for the day.


I have some nanas Sarawak at home........yummy & sweet! I'm using it in my cooking later.


But before that.......my baby boy can't help himself on the pineapples....he just had to try it out.


First am making a quick squid sambal....with petai too of course! I used the same technique as I did the prawns before......just add the squids in the pot......heat on.


When the squid's cooked I throw some of its juice away coz I do not want my sambal to be too watery.


Then.....sama macam sambal udang.......add sambal & then add petai.


15 minutes top.....siap!


Next am stir frying some prawns with cabbage.....In a wok , tumis chopped garlic & prawns. Then add turmeric powder & biji sawi....


Bila udang dah setengah masak , add the cabbage & dashes of fish sauce.......


Dah siap......under 10 minutes or so....


Next next next....Making my simple masak lemak.....All in a pot , serai - chili paste - salt - turmeric powder - turmeric leaves & water......heat on.


Then I added my nira kelapa.......bila kuah dah mendidih,,,,,I added coconut milk to it....gave the coconut milk a quick stir....


......then add fresh fish cuts.....


next I quickly add some cherry tomatoes & pineapple cuts for some tangy-ness , since I didn't use any souring agent....


....lastly I gunting-gunting-kan some extra daun kunyit halus-halus *sehalus boleh , I malas so tak laa sehalus mana pun rupa nye....hehehe!* over into the pot & added whole chili padi......


Hei! Am done cooking 3 dishes & got to clean the kitchen up under an hour!

5 comments:

  1. Akan ku tiru!! sedap dan menyelerakan sungguh!

    darsita

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kak rima,

    was blog hopping n jumpa urs. love it btw. u're very honest, i like that. nak tanya, the sambal paste that u used brand apa? coz i dont have much time nak masak too so senang kan ada the paste but usually paste mcm tak sama sedap compared to goreng cili boh and masuk all the ingredients lain. hope u can share, and ok ke the taste of instant paste tu. thanks! :)

    leena

    ReplyDelete
  3. lama tak tgk akak msk memasak nih, maklum bz memanjang je tgk...
    seronok tgk akak msk kejap je dh siap... campak2 itu ini done... best
    senang n blh tiru bile tgh cari idea nk msk
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sumpah i xbleh buat! dh byk kali cubak.. sume musti under 3hrs minus benti tgk tv lagik hahaha

    ReplyDelete