~ DISCLAIMER ~

DISCLAIMER : Please do note that this is a personal web-log. Views expressed here are of my personal views. Usage of any personal photos & posts are prohibited and are not allow to copy , paste , show & publish any photos & posts taken from this web-log anywhere without my consent & permission. If so I have the rights to render the person , group & in short anyone posting / publishing / showing / pasting / copying them liable to legal action or prosecution. Thank you.

PHOTOS

Photos copyrighted to VOCALWEALTH NETWORKS. Unless expressed permission has been granted by Miss Rima Rashidi , you may not copy any images from this site. Using images from this site without permission is prohibited.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Birthday Week

Happenings masa my birthday week. Memang tak boleh nak keep up updating this blog of mine lately. Can't find the idea to write with my tired mind. Banyak kerja kebelakangan ni. Rezeki Dia bagi , Alhamdulillah. Anyway....will try to briefly write what I can still remember before my birthday month February mengundur diri....huhuhu!

13th February - I had cravings for something sweet sejak kebelakangan ni. Teringin nak makan brownie tapi tak de oven kat rumah. How laaa?.....Nevermind , beli jugak instant brownie mixture ni. Am gonna make use of the microwave yang ada kat rumah.....tengok apa jadi nanti....Hehehe.....

Ahhhh! Jadi pun. Follow the mixing instructions.......cuma bila guna microwave ni kena ber-experimental dengan its baking time. 5-7 minutes on high depending on the microwave lah. Kalau lama sangat , keras......Better set timer to 3 minutes first then check on the cake,,,,,kalau tak masak , tambah masa lagi. That's what I did. Owh Yes.....my twist to the mixture was to add 3 table spoons of condensed milk.....hehehe! Kasi manis lagi sikit.


14th February - It's Valentine's Day. Mana-mana pergi pun nampak orang jual bunga. Ni dekat florist kat Bukit Antarabangsa ni. Berderet bouquet-bouquet bunga for sale. Masa sekolah and early 20's dulu I did join in the fun of celebrating V Day , that was before I knew what the whole celebration was all about. Banyak version pasal history of V Day ni. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia , there were at least three early Christian saints by the name of Valentine. While one was a priest in Rome , another was a bishop in Terni. Nothing is known about the third St. Valentine except that he met his end in Africa. Surprisingly , all three of them were said to have been martyred (one who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles) on 14th February. One version stated that the Roman Emperor in the 3rd century tried to convert Valentine to the Roman Gods but was un-succesful in his efforts. Valentine refused to recognize Roman Gods and was faithful to Christianity.

Now the day became a day to show love and affection to your loved ones , a Lover's Day,,,,,,a lovey dovey day for lovers. It's more of a tradition not a religious event. More commercialized now. If the date 14th February were not associated with the Christian Saint.....sure it will be alright for us Muslims to celebrate the day just like Mother's Day , Father's Day , Teacher's Day , Children's Day and whatever day lagi lah....

Not expecting any flowers from anyone on Valentine's....but I just love to see these vibrant pink bougainvilleas that's blooming in front of my house :-)

Align Center
14th , 15th & 16th February - Since last week lagi I berumah-tangga kat HQ AADK di Sungai Merab ni. Ajar koir untuk perhimpunan bulanan. Bulan ni Ketua Pengarah AADK request lagu Gemuruh by Faizal Tahir.....memang gemuruh sepanjang minggu!


The day,,,,,Perhimpunan bulanan AADK untuk bulan February. Teacher Glam conducted the choir. I took charge at the audio room & control panel. Alhamdulillah , everything went well. Ketua Pengarah puji kumpulan koir & cikgu-cikgu-nye....YES! Next kena train choir AADK ni for their performance kat Sembrong , Kluang depan Menteri KDN , Dato Seri Hishamuddin. Seram sejuk sebab I will be conducting the choir this time. Next job will be Perhimpunan Bulan March then the APC of AADK on March 22 kat KDN. Rezeki , rezeki , rezeki.....Alhamdulillah.

17th February - Spent the day buying stuff for my BBQ party tomorrow nite. Was at Tesco Ampang , then Carrefour Wangsa Maju , then Giant Bukit Antarabangsa. Bila balik , kena kelola barang belian lagi.....arrrrggghhhh......penat,,,,,,,tapi terpaksa buat jugak,,,,no maid maaa. Penuh fridge , padat!

18th February - Am 40 today. Bangun pagi terus channel my energy & my mind to a happy happy mode. Meditate kejap. Practiced positive thinking....only happy thoughts today :-)

I invited my vocal students , working colleagues and my family members over to celebrate my small birthday party with me at home.

I asked my students to come early to help me out with the chores. Mintak diaorang bersihkan tempat BBQ coz dah lama tak guna.

The kids came during lunch time.....so I prepared a simple lunch for everyone. I made Chicken Curry , Scrambled Eggs & Stir Fried Taugeh.

Lepas makan , tolong marinate lamb & tolong potong-potong apa yang perlu....

Taking prayer breaks.....so blessed to be with these group of friends :-)

Time to start barbecuing.......my Papa and my baby brother Ramos took charge to start the barbie! We've got 2 large bowls of marinated lamb and a large bowl of sausages! Having lamb bbq tonite. Only lamb and chicken sausages......

Yna and her Pak Su Ramos barbecuing the first batch of lamb......

Owh! Yeah!.......Lamb's almost ready! Then it rained and my dad had to re-position the barbie......


Night comes , MP took over the barbie from my dad......but my dear brother was faithful with his barbecuing duty till the end.

Besides lamb , we made Mashed Potatoes using unskinned boiled potatoes + butter (loads of it) + milk + salt + black pepper + chopped scallions.

Using Farfalle or Bow-tie pasta , I made this simple pasta salad by tossing the pastas with splashes of EVOO + sweet cherry tomatoes + chopped coriander + salt + black pepper.

Servings after servings of microwaved instant BBQ chicken + dinner rolls + steamed broccoli florets & some watermelon & black grape salad.

Grilled sausages.....yummy with dinner rolls & hot dog relish that I bought.

Steamed prawns with a Thai inspired dipping sauce. I made the sauce using Sweet Thai Chili Sauce + Fish Sauce + Honey + Chopped Garlic & Chopped Coriander.

So blessed that my beloved family was able to celebrate my 40th birthday with me. Amin.

Family & Friends , thank you Ya Tuhan for making them part of my life. Amin.

Looking on and cherishing every moment on my 40th birthday. I was in high spirits all day even though I have unresolved issues in certain areas in my life. Mind over matters.....today and days to come,,,,,,I choose to rejoice!

I was flabbergasted when I saw this birthday cake! It has my name written on the records. So cute.....It was a gift from Khalil & Octe , all the way from their favourite bakery in Klang!

Align Center
Me & my birthday cake.

Can you see the time on the left pic. 9:15pm right.....did not plan it as the cake was a surprise from my students and the camera belongs to another student , Wan. They brought in the cake from outside of the house at 9:15pm. Ironically , I was born at 9:15pm on a Friday , 40 years ago. Deja vu.

Getting crazy with the cake.....me eating a piece of my record!

My brother & wife....

Everyone enjoying the birthday cake....

And Yes!.......borak-borak session........macam-macam cerita keluar including cerita-cerita hantu towards midnight....hehehe! We had a great time and we've even made plans to make a trip to Taiping to see my old abandon home (betul-betul tepi jerat Cina mati) , which now is very suitable for a horror movie set! Huhuhu!

Surrounded by young guys & gals daily lifted up my spirits. Making me feel young at heart always. Botox? *tetiba pulak*,,,,,Nope.....still not in my list *wink*

Thank you to my party guests.....my family members , Teacher Saleh , Teacher Glam , Khalil , Octe , Mujaheed , Wan & Rusman. I love all of you.

5 comments:

  1. happy to see u enjoy ur bday party ^_^
    life is a gamble.. as long as u did wat u want n happy with it,,, yg lain tu dugaan je :)

    take care n happy belated birthday ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. woahhh beshnye!!! hepi belated besdayy lama sungguh i tunggu post nih.. blum post BKK lagik.. semoga u dapat kegembiraan dan ketenangan yg dicari!

    ReplyDelete
  3. supeb!!! =}
    next do it again... =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum..tq my sis'' next kita Bbq di Taiping yea..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam...sebut pasal rumah kat Kampung Aman ,Taiping tu..baru2 ni i balik tengok pokok rambutan tu buahnya dah hitam kat pokok tu..agaknya hantu cina sebelah tu tak lalu nak makan pasal banyak sangat..memang sesuai la nak shooting citer hantu kat situ.

    ReplyDelete